Current Month's Activities
Support group meetings
ENCINITAS Wednesday, August 1st 1pm - 3pm (NCPSG Sponsored)
- First Wednesday of each month at Somerford Place, 1350 El Camino Real, Encinitas
- Speaker: Abigail Lawler, MD Movement disorder neurologist, Neurology Center Southern California.
- Topic: Clinical Treatment of Parkinson's
- Care & Share Breakout Session & Refreshments.
- Call Rex McCoy 760-519-9588
OCEANSIDE - Wednesday, August 8th 1pm - 3pm (NCPSG Sponsored)
- Second Wednesday of each month at First Presbyterian Oceanside, 2001 S. El Camino Real at Fire Mountain Drive, Oceanside
- Speaker: Sherrie Gould, MSN, NP-C Scripps Clinic's Medical Group's Movement Disorder Clinic . Scripps Health, La Jolla
- Topic: Parkinson's medication Xadago, a new MAO B inhibitor which in clinical trials has shown to increase on-time without troublesome dyskinesia and to decrease off-time.
- She will also discuss other Parkinson's symptoms and treatments. Don't come expecting to just hear a lecture. Breakouts follow where people with Parkinson's and care partners meet separately to discuss issues and successes. Refreshments.
- Call Paul Dawson 760-497-1200
FALLBROOK - Friday, August 24th 10am - noon (NCPSG Sponsored)
- Fourth Friday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1620 S. Stage Coach Lane, Fallbrook
- Speaker 1: Gina Camardo of Abbott Medical
- Topic 1: Deep Brain Stimulus - Benefits for PD Tremor
- Speaker 2: Susan Webster of Tri-City Wellness Center
- Topic 2: Exercise Offerings for PD
- Call Irene Miller 760-731-0171
ATYPICAL Parkinson's (Caregivers only) - Wednesday, September 5th 11am - 1pm
- First Wednesday of every other month at Tri-City Wellness Center, 6250 El Camino Real, Carlsbad
- Contact Darlene Gerow 619-806-9649 email@example.com
ATYPICAL Parkinson's (PwP & Caregivers) - Monday, August 20th 1pm - 3pm
- Third Monday of the month at UCSD, East Campus, 9423 Health Science Drive, Medical Center Modular 1, Room 140, La Jolla
- Call Darlene Gerow 619-806-9649
NCPSG Board of Directors - Wednesday, August 15th 1pm - 3pm
- Tri-City Wellness Center, 6250 El Camino Real, Carlsbad
- Contact Paul Dawson 760-497-1200
CARDIFF LOCATION - Tuesdays & Thursdays 11am - noon (NCPSG Sponsored)
- Encinitas Elks Lodge, 1393 Windsor Rd., Cardiff. Take I-5 to Santa Fe exit east to Windsor Rd. and turn right. (Fee Charged)
- Call Betty Byrd 760-635-1144
OCEANSIDE LOCATION - Fridays 11am - noon
- Tri-City Hospital, 4002 Vista Way, Oceanside, Assembly Room, check room on arrival. (Free) Valet Parking available.
- Call Tracy Park, PT, 760-940-3617
DANCE FOR PARKINSON'S - Thursdays 1:15pm - 2:15pm (NCPSG Sponsored)
- Space donated by Performing Arts Workshop, 1465 Encinitas Blvd. A102, Encinitas (East of El Camino Real)
- Led by Cheryl (Balbes) Mcllhon, professional dance instructor.
- (Free) Optional social gathering following
- Call Cheryl Mcllhon 248-755-7431
PERSONALLY FIT - Tuesdays & Thursdays 2pm - 3pm
- Parkinson's exercise classes at Personally Fit in Rancho Bernado (Fee charged).
- Call 858-485-6706 for more information. Silver Sneakers accepted for entrance.
- The music therapy program offers numerous music related activities for People with Parkinson's including Harmonica & drumming (fee charged).
- For more information, call 858-485-6706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tremble Clefs - Therapeutic Singing - Tuesdays 1pm - 2:30pm
- St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 890 Balour Dr., Encinitas
- New members always welcome (Free).
- Call Deanna Hastings at 619-363-0814 or check website: www.trembleclefs.com/san-diego
SMALL SOCIAL GROUPS
Our small social groups gather on the third Monday when we don't have a large group activity in rotating private homes. Come and join us in a safe environment where we all understand and support each other. Contact Sam Cooper, Social Chair. Call or text 520-820-0339.